Tuesday, October 9, 2012

On Interview with a Vampire


 Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice was a wonderful experience. It seemed to bring to life and personalize the living nightmare that is the 'vampire'. The book was a fantastic and compelling read, and I found in no time at all I had finished and desired to move on to the next novel, 'The Vampire Lestat'.
The character I found that I enjoyed the most was Claudia. Her position in life and in relation to the other characters is interesting in that she never knows quite what to make of this relationship. A little girl, who died young enough to forget her exceedingly brief human childhood, became a vampire. All she knew was killing, though she did receive some guidance from Louis. i can relate to her level of uncertainty within her life, and the constant pursuance of knowledge. I enjoyed her character the most because I believe her life had the most struggle, and that since she was created, she was doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment